Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Friday, April 9, 2010
It started out me saving money on gas, but quickly has grown into an outlet for people to serve.
Our Mission Statement:
Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow.
This is how it works; I will bike everyday the weather permits until I go to the ministry that we have chosen. People will sponsor a day that I bike by giving money, food, or clothes. I have decided to widen the gaze of this thing and bike for a different ministry through spring and summer (the end of March, April, May, June, July, and August). On this blog I will update at the end of each week the miles biked, but on our Facebook group miles will be updated daily. Each week we will have an additional biker that bikes with me, so pay close attention to the day you sponsor. You maybe sponsoring multiple riders.
Our Facebook group is called In Motion For Justice
On this Facebook group just put your name, which day of the month you would like to sponsor, and in which way you would like to help. Doesn't matter how many people sponsor a day.
Also write down a Ministry that you think we should support. I am thinking Freedom Fire for May, we will be talking about racial reconciliation in June and supporting a church that has made that a priority, July, and August open, so ideas please!
May: Freedom Fire Ministry
Visit Freedom Fire's Website for more information on what they do.
Here are some of there needs:
- All kinds of Friday night game equipment, including Basketballs, jump ropes, fingernail polish, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, etc.
- Meal money for Friday Nights, which costs about $30 a week if we have to pay for it (we do regularly)
- Meal money for our teen night called ReMix, which meets on Wednesdays, also about $30 a week.
- Money for food for our summer camps, which run for 6 weeks starting in late June. We'll take about 15 kids to camp each week (Tues - Thurs) and costs run from $200-$300
April: Hope Faith Ministry
Visit Hope Faith's Website for more information on what they do.
You can donate money, food, or clothes. Here is a good break down, but you can give whatever you want:
- $1 per mile biked
- 1 bag of clothing for every 5 miles biked. (Do some spring-cleaning and bring in the clothes you don’t need.)
- 1 item of a non-perishable food per mile biked.
Updates regarding In Motion For Justice:
- We are working towards becoming a legal Non-profit organization. It takes time and money. Soon you will have a chance to help with this process.
- We are starting a Youtube channel in the next couple weeks. This channel will be used to show updates, post interviews with sponsors, purpose topics, and to gather ideas.
- We are comprising the board of directors and the overall structure for In Motion For Justice. Takes time to find people motivated for the cause.
- T-Shirts are soon to be made! Rough drafts of logos are being sent to a graphic designer to finalize our thoughts.
- We are shooting our first semi-professional video on Thursday. The video will talk about IMFJ and what our purpose is.
- March 29, 2010 My biking today:12.68 miles
- March 30, 2010 My biking today:8.69 miles
- March 31, 2010 Our biking today: TJ 8.22 miles+APC 7.70=15.92 YES!
- April 1 2010 My biking today:11.94 miles
- April 2 2010 Bad weather: 0 miles.
- April 5, 2010 Motown/TJ biking today: 20.68 miles
- April 6, 2010 Motown/TJ biking today: 13.66 miles
- April 7, 2010 TJ biking today: 5.82 miles
- April 8, 2010 Motown biking today: 4.6 miles
- April 9, 2010 TJ biking today: 9.1 miles
Week of April 5th total=53.86 miles
- April 12, 2010 Dave/TJ Total=34.33 miles
- April 13, 2010 Dave/TJ Total=20.19 miles
- April 14, 2010 Dave/TJ Total miles=16.16 miles
- April 15, 2010 TJ miles=8.84 miles
- April 16, 2010 TJ miles=4.76 miles
- April 19, 2010 TJ Total=10.37 miles
- April 20, 2010 TJ Total= 5.84 miles
- April 21, 2010 TJ Total= 8.18 miles
- April 22, 2010 Bad weather
- April 23, 2010 TJ Total= 12.48 miles
Week of April 19th total=36.87 miles
- April 26, 2010 TJ Total miles=4.34 miles
- April 27, 2010 TJ Total miles=5.84 miles
- April 28, 2010 TJ Total miles=4.76 miles
- April 29, 2010 TJ Total miles=15.89 miles
- April 30, 2010 TJ Total miles=2.34 miles
Week of April 26th total=33.17 miles
- May 3, 2010 TJ total miles=4.34 miles
- May 4, 2010 TJ Total miles=2.34 miles
- May 5, 2010 TJ Total miles=12.86 miles
- May 6, 2010 TJ Total miles=17.03 miles
- May 7, 2010: Bad weather...
Week of May 3rd total=36.57 miles
- May 10, 2010 TJ Total miles=8.76 miles
- May 11, 2010 TJ Total miles=17.58 miles
- May 12, 2010 TJ Total miles=9.57 miles
- May 13, 2010 TJ Total miles=8.24 miles
- May 14, 2010 TJ Total miles=4.51 miles
Week of May 10th total=48.66 miles
- May 17, 2010 TJ Total miles=18.07 miles
- May 18, 2010 TJ Total miles=6.56 miles
- May 19, 2010 TJ Total miles=10.44 miles
- May 20, 2010 TJ Total miles=13.74 miles
- May 21, 2010 TJ Total miles=19.1 miles
Week of May 17th total=67.91 miles
- May 24, 2010 TJ Total miles=10.37 miles
- May 25, 2010 TJ Total miles=13.25 miles
- May 26, 2010 TJ Total miles=8.07 miles
- May 27, 2010 TJ Total miles=12.72 miles
- May 28, 2010 TJ Total miles=12.86 miles
Week of May 24th total=57.27 miles
- May 31, 2010 TJ Total miles=Holiday
- June 1, 2010 TJ Total miles=9.68 miles
- June 2, 2010 TJ Total miles=7.48 miles
- June 3, 2010 TJ Total miles=18.13 miles
- June 4, 2010 TJ Total miles=BW
Week of May 31st total=35.29 miles
- June 7, 2010 TJ Total miles=4.68 miles
- June 8, 2010 TJ Total miles=BW
- June 9, 2010 TJ Total miles=4.68 miles
- June 10, 2010 TJ Total miles=6.88 miles
- June 11, 2010 TJ Total miles=7.53 miles
Week of June 7th total=23.77 miles
- June 14, 2010 TJ Total miles=4.68 miles
- June 15, 2010 TJ Total miles=BW
- June 16, 2010 TJ Total miles=10.06 miles
- June 17, 2010 TJ Total miles=4.68 miles
- June18, 2010 TJ Total miles=11.02 miles
Week of June 14th total=30.44 miles
In Colorado the week of the 21st
Thanks so much for supporting us!